- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- Traffic Data. LUMON FIT automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
- Web Beacons. "Web Beacons" (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies. Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail). Web Beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. For additional information on LUMON FIT’s uses of Web Beacons, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies & Web Beacons, below.
- Mobile Device Data. When users download, install and use the Applications on their mobile phone or other wireless telecommunications device, LUMON FIT automatically gathers information, including without limitation, carrier providers, a unique device identifier, geo-location information (if allowed by the user), the types of mobile devices accessing the Application, and the types of operating systems accessing the Applications (collectively, "Mobile Device Data"). A unique device identifier is a string of alphanumeric characters (similar to a serial number) used to uniquely identify and distinguish each mobile phone or other wireless communications device. Location services can be enabled or disabled at anytime, through the mobile device settings. LUMON FIT uses Mobile Device Data to understand usage patterns and to improve the Applications. For additional information on LUMON FIT’s uses of Mobile Device Data, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Mobile Device Data, below.
- Ad Serving and Usage Analytics. LUMON FIT uses third-parties for advertising and usage analytics for the Website and Applications. These third-parties may place Cookies on Your machine, use Web Beacons, gather Personal Information (as defined below), Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data, and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising. We do not share your non-public Personal Information with these parties, but we may share anonymized or aggregated information with them to improve the relevancy of the ads you see at MyFitness Pal. The collection of this information by third-parties is subject to such third-parties’ privacy policies. For additional information, see the section concerning Third-Party Websites/Applications, below. With regards to advertising on the Website, to learn more about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://opt.jumptap.com/optout/opt?jt.
- Personal Information. You will be asked to provide LUMON FIT certain information related to You ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, without limitation: (1) "Contact Data" (personally identifiable information about You, such as Your name and email address, as well as Your friends and contacts, if you enable access to Your contacts and address book information); and (2) "Demographic Data" (personal information about You (but doesn’t specifically identify You), such as Your gender, birthday, zip code, country, height, weight, lifestyle and exercise frequency); and (3) "Fitness Data" (information about Your use of the Services (but doesn’t specifically identify You), such as Your caloric intake, nutritional statistics, fitness activity, and weight loss/gain). The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile, providing the Website and/or Applications and related services, monitoring and improving the content and usage of the Website and/or Applications, interacting with the Website and/or Applications and with your friends and other members, to find and connect with Your friends and other members (when instructed by You), customizing the advertising and content you see, communicating with you about new features and other news, and any other purpose for which the information was collected. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Website and/or Applications to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our Website and/or Applications, and to develop new tools for our members.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, however, not providing this information may prevent You from using certain features of the Services.
- Third Party Services. If you create an account using Your login/ID from a Third Party Service, like Facebook, LUMON FIT will use Your login/ID to access and collect the information that Your privacy settings on that Third Party Service permits LUMON FIT to access so that LUMON FIT can create Your account and connect You with Your friends.
- Information You Make Public. Certain portions of the Website and Applications are open to any viewer, such as our community forums and Your personal profile. Any information You post in these locations may be available and accessible to other members of the Website. In addition, the Website contains features that permit You to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other data, including Your Personal Information. Any information that You choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your Personal Information by means of such features, and You agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
- Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons & Mobile Device Data. LUMON FIT analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data to help LUMON FIT better understand who is using the Website and/or Applications and how they are using the Website and/or Applications. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, LUMON FIT is able to better design the Website and Applications to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, LUMON FIT may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. In addition, LUMON FIT may share Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons with: (1) third-party analytics companies so that such third-parties may help LUMON FIT better understand who is using the Website and/or Applications and how they are using the Website and/or Applications; (2) advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests; and (3) service providers so that we can personalize, provide and improve our Services to Your use and interests.
- Personal Information
- Contact Data. LUMON FIT uses Your Contact Data to send You information about LUMON FIT and LUMON FIT’s products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Services. LUMON FIT uses Your Contact Data (when instructed by You) to connect You with Your friends and other members with whom You want to connect with, according to the preferences set in Your account.
- Demographic Data. LUMON FIT uses Your Demographic Data to customize and tailor Your experience on the Website and/or Applications. As with Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons, from time to time LUMON FIT may release or share Demographic Data with third parties in anonymous form and/or in the aggregate, for industry analysis, research, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. In addition, LUMON FIT shares anonymized Demographic Data with its advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests. To opt-out of sharing your anonymized and Demographic Data with our advertising and marketing partners, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://opt.jumptap.com/optout/opt?jt.
- Fitness Data. LUMON FIT uses Your Fitness Data to provide, personalize and improve Your experience on the Website and/or Applications. As with Demographic Data and other data gathered through the Service, LUMON FIT may release or share Fitness Data with third parties in anonymous form and/or in the aggregate, for statistical analysis, research, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. In addition, LUMON FIT may share your Fitness Data along with some of Your Demographic Data, in anonymous form and in the aggregate, with other LUMON FIT users so that You and other users can compare their own personal fitness, health and wellness situation relative to the entire LUMON FIT community.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. LUMON FIT discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. LUMON FIT discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when LUMON FIT believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of LUMON FIT, third-parties or the public at large.
LUMON FIT wants Your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. By using the Website and/or Applications, You represent and warrant that all information You provide on any registration form or otherwise in connection with Your use of the Website and/or Applications and Services will be complete and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, Your Personal Information, please visit Your personal profile.
EFFECTIVE DATE: JUNE 01, 2013